Glo-Protect RainShield Coat
Glo-Protek RainShield Coat (GRC) is an Acrylic based elastomeric waterproof coating. After drying it forms a film of exceptional strength and flexibility that prevents peeling, fungi / algae growth, future cracks and water seepage. GRC bridges bigger cracks effectively and it is ultra voilet resistant.
Features / Advantages:
- Possess elongation properties to bridge existing cracks (upt 0.5mm) and prevents future cracks with abosolute finality
- Remarkable elasticity and resilience for substrate’s thermal expansion and contraction
- Optimised rheology for high film build
- Breathability for preventing moisture in walls and roofs (MICROPOROUS)
- Can be applied on damp surfaces
- Excellent alkali resistance
- Resistance to chalking & flaking
- UV resistant for outstanding durability
- Available in 120+ attractive shades
|Nature||One component, water thinnable|
|Drying Time||Dry to touch - 30 min|
|Recoating Period||Min 2 hours|
|Elongation||up to 1000%|
|Coverage||Self thinner Coat 140-160 sq.ft/Kg/ coat
Finish Coat - 80-95 sq.ft/Kg/coats
May vary as per the porosity of substrate
|No. of coats||3 coats (Including primer coat) or depending upon the substrate|
|Finish Application||Smooth & Matt|
|Temperature withstand capacity||-40ºC to 85ºC|
Direction for use
Adequate surface preparation as given below is a must for product performance.
GRC is a must on masonry surface to ensure maximum penetration & adhesion to substrate.
Power wash to ensure no under bound cement remains on the surface. Allow surface to dry. Apply 1:1 diluted GRC at a spread rate of 130-160 sq.ft. per kg. per coat depending on the porosity of the concrete. Allow 2-4 hrs. to dry.
Power wash to remove all loosely adhered coatings & other contaminants. Fill existing cracks with paintable sealant. Apply 1:1 diluted GRC at a spread rate of 140-160 sq.ft. per kg. per coat depending on the porosity of the concrete.
Application of Glo-Protek RainShield Coat (GRC)
GRC can be applied by roller or brush. Coating should not diluted with water. Apply first coat at a spread rate of 7- 6.5 sq.mt.per kg. per coat. Allow to dry for 4 hours.(preferably 24 hrs.) Apply 2nd coat at a spread rate of 7- 9.5 sq.mt. per kg. per coat.
Glo-Protek RainShield Coat (GRC) is applicable for
- Exterior RCC surface
- Masonry walls or facades
- Stone walls
- China mosaic tiles
- Sloping roofs.
- Use of GRC diluted primer is a must
- Do not dilute top coats
- For better performance, fill the existing cracks with Sealant
- The substrate should be free from chalking, dust, grease, loose paint, fungus & algae.
12 months if stored at room temperature.